Things you need to know about MRS 2 before you use the data:
- The entire site was carefully hand-troweled and screens were not used for artifact recovery.
- Measurements are in feet and tenths of feet.
- MRS 2 was partially excavated using the "Wheeler Box" excavation system of 8-by-8 foot quadrats with 2-foot balks. Unit size varies from 8-by-8 foot and 2-by-2 foot quadrats to 2-by-8 foot quadrats. The rest of the units were placed south along the staircase without balks between them. Quadrat 101 is irregularly shaped.
- MRS 2 was impacted by activity related to the installation of 20th-century utility lines, and the area to the north of the cellar (F09) was disturbed during construction of a concrete water main junction box.
- In the DAACS database, the MRS 2 project is designated as Project "103". Artifact ID numbers for artifacts associated with the project therefore begin with the 103 prefix.