Things you need to know about Site 8 before you use the data:
- The same excavation grid was used for both Sites 7 and 8.
- The features at Sites 7 & 8, like the excavation quadrats on these two sites, share one number sequence.
- All Site 7 and 8 feature fill was floated using a machine-assisted flotation system, producing light and heavy fraction samples for each feature. In most cases, only artifacts from the heavy fraction greater than a quarter inch were cataloged in DAACS. The three exceptions to this cataloging protocol are portions of F01 and F02, in which the entire heavy fraction was picked for artifacts, and Samples 1 to 3 of F06, which were picked for artifacts greater than 2 mm. Future plans include picking all heavy fraction samples for artifacts smaller than 1/4 inch, such a seed beads, that are not likely represented in the greater-than-a-quarter-inch size class.
- Non-feature sediment was screened through 1/4" mesh.
- Measurements are in feet and tenths of feet.
- While Feature 8 is categorized at the moment as a sub-floor pit, the estimated size of this feature approaches the boundary between sub-floor pit and cellar. When excavation is complete and the dimensions of the feature known more precisely, it may be re-classified as a cellar.